Summary: Under the supervision of the Director of Programs, this position is responsible for developing, coordinating, integrating and teaching classes on instructional and administrative applications for computers and related technologies.
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Takes a leadership role in developing and implementing the School’s technology plan.
- Teaches technology and STEAM-related essentials classes as assigned, adhering to the school’s curriculum and standards.
- Lead and progress student coding language performance to align with strategic goals.
- Provide technical curriculum assistance across the PreK-8th grade levels regarding hardware usage, software applications, computer technology, and the general instructional use of technology in the classroom.
- Serves as a point of contact for students that are experiencing trouble with their devices. STEAM coach also provides proactive training to students to help them self-advocate and properly use the devices they own.
- Develops integrated activities for middle school classes that contribute to the goal of 75% of all units having a STEAM integration aspect.
- Use a technology inventory to regularly ensure all school-owned devices are working properly and in the correct location.
- Establish and maintain systems for educators to access, preview, or receive training in hardware usage and software applications.
- Develop a technology resource approach that can be easily accessed by teachers, students and staff.
- Develops and implements a School-wide technology in-service program. The objectives of the in-service program are to provide ongoing education and to develop campus leaders in the technology field.
- Help manage the acquisition of hardware and software. Help maintains accurate inventories and establish guidelines for sharing equipment campus-wide.
- Evaluates hardware, software, courseware for potential use in instructional or administrative areas.
- Provides leadership and direction for all website activities.
- Prepares and monitors related contracts with outside IT vendors, and agencies.
- Meets and consults with the leadership team on the development, maintenance, and effectiveness of data applications; and develops and maintains effective communication and working relationships with administrative and teaching staff.
- Coordinates on-going evaluation and recommends procedures to encourage response to instructional and administrative needs for information and communications resources.
- Assures the security and validity of School information through the development and enforcement of school security procedures.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Other Professional Responsibilities:
- Participate actively in the school’s faculty meetings, team meetings and department meetings.
- Complete all other responsibilities deemed appropriate by the Head of School to the school achieve its goals.
- Reinforce the school’s core values and policies inside and outside the classroom.
- Fulfill assigned monitoring duties (i.e., recess, lunch duty, etc.)
- Lead and/or participate in assemblies, student events, and school events.
- Plan, prepare and lead a before or after school enrichment activity for Aspen Academy Students (club, athletic activity, etc.)
- Sponsor or co-sponsor a parent education seminar in an area of your expertise.
- Serve on a Professional Learning Community as they opportunity arises.
- Promote and maintain a supportive and positive relationship with all students and families you serve.
- Apply for professional and instructional awards and grants that would support your own professional development, your classroom’s resources or activities
- Participate actively in the school’s faculty meetings and professional learning communities.
- Be punctual to all professional obligations
- Conduct oneself and dress in a professional manner.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and skill set required. High energy, passion for teaching great kids, loves staying current on technology, social media, and new apps.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to influence and engage students, colleagues, and families and build long term relationships.
- Training and/or certifications in leadership development programs preferred.
- Possess excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to think strategically, anticipate future needs and trends surrounding technology usage in the classroom and incorporate them into a plan for the future.
- Considerable knowledge of budget development and management
- Ability to use diplomacy and tact with citizens, volunteers, staff and the general public
- Demonstrated theoretical foundation in the principles and practices of leadership
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Grant permission for a credit check and criminal background check
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or Education, Master’s preferred.
- 2+ years technology/STEM/STEAM teaching experience.