The responsibilities of the Kent Denver Substitute System Coordinator consist of:
- Coordinating substitute teacher coverage for teachers in the middle school and upper school for both pre-planned absences and short-notice (night before or morning-of) absences, and communicating in a timely manner with subs and teachers before school and after school to that end;
- Personally providing in-house sub coverage at their discretion and based on the need for sub coverage on a given day;
- Answering questions and troubleshooting problems that subs encounter in the course of their subbing (e.g., finding rooms, making copies, accessing lesson plans) and/or connecting subs to the appropriate department to resolve the issue at hand;
- Facilitating effective communication between subs and the teachers for whom they are covering;
- Maintaining a detailed record of faculty absences and the subs who covered them;
- Signing off on sub pay requests and sending pay totals for each sub to the Kent Denver Business Office at the end of each pay period;
- Interviewing applicants for the sub list and processing the employment paperwork of subs who join the list;
- Helping to orient subs to the Kent Denver community;
- Keeping the sub list up-to-date in terms of the activity status of subs as well as ensuring the list is at an appropriate size;
- Monitoring sub pay rates at other schools in the Denver area and advising the Kent Denver administration on keeping the school’s sub pay rates competitive;
- Meeting regularly with the Upper School Division Head to discuss the status of the sub system;
- And in the 2022-2023 school year, working with the Advanced Placement test coordinator in order to take over that role starting in the 2023-2024 school year.
This is a full-time instructional support position.
School: Kent Denver School
Job Position: Other