CA seeks a full-time, Pre-K–12 faculty position effective August 2021. The primary role of this position is to facilitate creative and innovative use of technology by working collaboratively with faculty and students. This position includes one classroom teaching component of one computer science & innovation class in the Middle School.
The Educational Technology Specialist will promote the use of technology as a tool to improve and enhance learning. Engage with faculty, staff, and students to extend responsible, innovative and creative use of technology. They will plan, model and encourage effective use of technology with an emphasis on Colorado Academy’s 1:1 program, making, and tinkering in the classroom. This person will provide assistance to teachers with effective implementation of technology in their own classes including being a resource in the classroom for demonstrations, guidance, and additional support. They will ensure that students have mastered important technology skills through technology integration in the classroom. The Educational Technology Specialist will also provide professional development on technology and work with the Director of Technology to plan professional development for faculty and staff and evaluate new technologies and their potential use in the classroom and school. This position reports to the Director of Technology.
- have a four-year degree from an accredited college or university; advanced degree preferred.
- have at least five years of experience teaching in an educational environment and working with students of all ages.
- possess a broad knowledge and experience with technology in schools including iPads, 1:1 programs, and maker spaces.
- show a demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies.
- maintain a current knowledge of emerging technologies in education, curriculum, and best pedagogical practices.
- have an understanding of key learning theories, design thinking, and curriculum development and their relation to technology.
- have the ability to explain technology issues to technical and non-technical audiences.
The pay range for the position is $50,000-$70,000. Colorado Academy reserves the right to pay more or less than the posted range. Any discrepancies that may exist do not relate to sex. The Academy offers an excellent compensation package, wide-ranging opportunities for professional development, and an environment notable for its dedicated teaching professionals and supportive administrators. Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance benefit programs are available, as is a 403(b) retirement plan. Eligibility for all benefit programs is defined by the applicable plan document.
Applicants are invited to visit the Colorado Academy website (www.coloradoacademy.org) to learn more about the program and the school.
Colorado Academy does not discriminate or allow unlawful harassment in any of its programs, procedures or practices on the basis of age, color, disability, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, political affiliation, race, religion or creed, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, marital status or other protected classifications defined by applicable law. The policy applies in all aspects of employment with the Academy.
Apply online: Colorado Academy Job Opportunities