Colorado Academy is seeking qualified individuals to join our community as Early Childhood Teachers. This is a full-time, year-round position. This position reports to the Director of Early Childhood Education.
The primary objective is to provide a secure and supportive high-quality learning environment for the children at the Center while adhering to all Colorado Licensing Rules and Regulations and Center policies. The Center enrolls children from infants through age four.
- Work as a member of a co-teaching team in planning and maintaining a safe, clean, and engaging learning environment and assuring the well-being, safety and healthy development of the children.
- Provide responsive and nurturing care to all children based on the interests and needs of the individual child and the group.
- Actively adhere to all school polices and state and local licensing and health regulations.
- Work cooperatively with colleagues on day-to-day tasks and establish supportive and positive working relationships.
- Create and maintain positive and supportive relationships with parents and families.
- Collaborate with all members of the ECE team in the development and evaluation of the Program’s goals and objectives.
- Provide support and ratio coverage in a variety of classrooms with children ranging from infant to age four. This includes coverage for lunch breaks and planning time as well support with closing the Center each day.
- Participate in educational and professional development opportunities as required by the Program and the Office of Early Childhood and The State of Colorado licensing requirements.
- Perform other tasks when deemed necessary by the Program Administration.
Candidates should be eager to join a professional community where collaboration is valued, where rich curricular conversations are common, and where openness to growth is the norm. Excellent interpersonal skills are required. Demonstrated intercultural competence: the ability to understand and bridge diverse perspectives, identities, and lived experiences is a must. Additionally, candidates will be expected to share in the day-to-day life of the school community.
All CA teachers are expected to carry out the mission of CA, "Creating Curious, Kind, Courageous, and Adventurous Learners and Leaders," and to support the vision of the Lower School.
The pay range for the position is $20.00 - $23.00 per hour. Although $20.00 - $23.00 per hour is a good faith and reasonable estimate of the possible compensation at the time of posting, Colorado Academy reserves the right to pay more or less than the posted range. Any wage differential that may exist for the position does not relate to sex, gender or gender identity, but relates solely to a seniority system, a merit system, or relevant education, training and/or experience.
The Academy offers an excellent compensation package, wide-ranging opportunities for professional development, and an environment notable for its dedicated teaching professionals and supportive administrators. Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance benefit programs are available, as is a 403(b) retirement plan. Eligibility for all benefit programs is defined by the applicable plan document.
Applicants are invited to visit the Colorado Academy website (www.coloradoacademy.org) to learn more about the program and the school.
Colorado Academy does not discriminate or allow unlawful harassment in any of its programs, procedures or practices on the basis of age, color, disability, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, political affiliation, race, religion or creed, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, marital status or other protected classifications defined by applicable law. The policy applies in all aspects of employment with the Academy.