Job Position: IT Manager
St. Mary’s Academy Overview:
St. Mary’s Academy, located in Englewood, Colorado, is Metro Denver’s premier Catholic, independent school offering rigorous academics in its co-ed lower and middle schools, and its high school for girls. St. Mary’s Academy offers a safe yet innovative program that embraces all student backgrounds and fosters character and moral development from Pre-Kindergarten to Graduation.
St. Mary’s Academy is a close community where faculty and staff serve as role models for the students in accordance with a mission to foster excellence in each child through academic achievement, spiritual development, and service. The qualities of a strong work ethic, desire for personal growth, and commitment to lifelong learning that St. Mary’s Academy expects of students is likewise an expectation for faculty and staff. Each day, too, is an opportunity to live the Loretto School Values of faith, community, justice, and respect.
St. Mary’s Academy is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff who are dedicated to their profession and to the well-being and life of the St. Mary’s Academy community. St. Mary's Academy does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, sex, disability, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, sexual orientation or religion. This policy applies to all areas of student concerns: educational policies, admission policies (historically high school admission is open to women only), scholarship, and grant-in-aid programs, athletic and other school-administered programs as well as employee/personnel concerns. St. Mary's Academy is an equal opportunity employer.
St. Mary’s Academy is seeking an IT Manager, which is a full-time, 12-month, exempt position. The position is highly interactive and collaborative and requires, end-user technical knowledge, managerial skills, and a passion for learning. A general understanding of computer hardware and network infrastructure in addition to a vision for the direction of educational technology are necessary for success in this position.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
As the IT Manager, this role will:
- Provides direct support – via coaching and guidance – to faculty and students in the effective and authentic use of instructional hardware and software
- Manages and develops the “Mice” program – a High School student IT workforce
- Works as an integral member of the SMA IT Department team
- Works with Chief Technology Officer and Director of Data to manage all online instructional technology resources (e.g., Membean, Quizlet, Discovery Education, etc)
- Works with faculty to facilitate and enhance the vision and goals of technology implementation; develops benchmarks and standards for student technology proficiency
- Leads in the design, coordination, and implementation of instructional technology professional development across the entire Academy (Lower School, Middle School, High School, Administration, etc) focusing on faculty, admin, and students
- Maintains awareness of new technologies and participates in technology-related professional development opportunities including self-study, workshops, and conferences on school, district, state, and national levels; participates in ACIS and ETC Technology Groups
- Coordinates with IT Department on all relevant technology system deployments (e.g., SIS/LMS)
- Other duties as assigned
Education and qualifications should include the following:
- Three-five years of experience in network administration
- Experience managing mobile device management platforms, public address systems, telecommunications (SIP-based preferred) systems, and audio/video equipment
- Undergraduate degree in education, technology, or related field preferred
- Basic computer hardware and software (MacOS, iOS, Windows, Chromebook)
- Fluent in G Suite / Google Apps for Education
- Familiarity with Student Information and Learning Management Systems (St. Mary’s Academy currently uses Powerschool and Canvas)
- Ability/willingness to learn new technologies as needed (this is probably the most vital and essential to the role)
- A sense of resonance with the St. Mary’s Academy mission: St. Mary’s Academy fosters excellence in each child through academic achievement, spiritual development, and service. The Loretto School values of faith, community, justice and respect provide the foundation for students to be powerful agents of change.
Salary is commensurate with experience. This is an exempt, salaried position with competitive benefits.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should email or scan a resume and cover letter with references:
Director of Technology
St. Mary’s Academy
4545 South University Blvd.,
Englewood, CO 80113
E-mail of Contact Person: [email protected]