Aspen Academy’s Facilities and Campus Team is growing! If you are a skilled professional who thrives in an environment that is continually improving the physical environment and its operational efficiency, you are an excellent problem solver, and you enjoy interacting with customers, we want to meet you.
We live and model the community’s values in thought, word and deed to students, colleagues and parents and the larger community. We are palpably committed to, supportive and co-leaders in the achievement of Aspen Academy’s vision and mission.
- Our values: Be Kind. Do Good. Work Hard. Make the World Better.
- Our mission: We edify and inspire students and educators to grow, learn and lead.
- Our vision: We are a national leader in innovative and transformative education.
Aspen Academy prepares students to enter, succeed in, and graduate from outstanding high schools. Aspen Academy is committed to providing an intentionally diverse student body an outstanding liberal arts education with a focus on advanced performance within the framework of an individualized education, leadership, character development, and service learning.
Summary of Responsibilities
Maintenance, Repair, and Improvements
- Review interior of facility and address all interior maintenance and repair including any service contracts or volunteer work in the following trades: floors, walls, ceilings, electrical, doors, windows, plumbing, and HVAC including thermostats.
- Conduct and/or coordinate all exterior maintenance and repair including any service contracts or volunteer work on the roof & gutters, parking lot & exterior lighting, landscaping & plant/tree care, irrigation system, pest control, playground and equipment, HVAC equipment, snow removal, etc.
- Review the efficiency of the facility energy and waste to ensure maximum efficiency whenever possible and report findings and suggestions to the Director of Facilities and Campus.
- Maintenance and Log of all facility equipment including lawn mowers, snow blowers, or other service vehicles.
- Keep maintenance areas, sheds and closets organized and clean.
- Provide support for Director of Facilities and Campus for all projects on the property.
- Order, Purchase, and track inventory of all supplies for the facility, keeping reserve stock on hand.
- Respond to urgent maintenance needs during the school day.
- Monitor and provide feedback and guidance to janitorial service company.
- Provide problem solving skills to develop solutions within your functional areas along with solutions for other functional areas as directed.
- Support school purchasing activities and all internal controls and ensure all budgetary parameters are met.
- Complete all internal control forms as directed by the Business Office.
- Support systems and procedures to manage inventory.
- Excellent oral and written communication, able to effectively communicate with staff, students, parents and contractors.
- Outstanding organization and time management skills.
- Proficient use of technology and personal computer, including Microsoft Office and internet search engines.
- Demonstrate a relentless drive to improve both in and out of the workplace.
- Model and reinforce the school’s core values, guiding philosophy, rules and school spirit consistently throughout the school environment, and support and hold accountable colleagues in doing the same.
- Grant permission for a criminal background check.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions: Regularly required to stand or walk for prolonged periods of time; use hands to handle objects; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl into awkward spaces; climb and balance. Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
Education, Experience and Certifications:
- Required two-year degree in related industry or field (i.e. Project Management, Construction Management., etc.) or 3-5 years of construction trade experience – experience in multiple trades is preferred.
- Required: Three years minimum of maintenance management experience.
- Preferred: Universal EPA certified.
- Experience in HVAC, electrical and plumbing.
- Experience in managing and completing work orders.
- Successful track record of facility management greater than 50,000 sq.
- Professional experience as a project manager.
Aspen Academy offers an excellent compensation package including health care, 403(b) with matching, tuition remission, and more; wide-ranging opportunities for professional development; and a talented and dedicated staff of teaching professionals and supportive administrators.
Salary: Starting at $50,000 - $65,000, based on education level & experience.