THE ASSOCIATION OF COLORADO INDEPENDENT SCHOOLS (ACIS)
Job Title: Director of Professional Development and Sponsorship
Reports to: Executive Director
Position Type: Part-time (10 hrs. per week, 10.5 months per year); non-exempt
Travel Required: Yes
Work Environment: Primarily remote, with occasional in-office meetings and onsite attendance of events. Weekly hours are flexible except for when a conference or event is being held.
Salary: Initial salary of $12,000 per year. Opportunities for salary growth with successful implementation of a sponsorship program.
The Director of Professional Development and Sponsorship is responsible for managing the conferences, workshops, and programs sponsored by ACIS. This person will also assist with the development and implementation of a corporate sponsorship program for ACIS events and website.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain the annual professional development calendar in cooperation with the Executive Director and Executive Assistant.
- Manage all aspects of conference and website sponsorship.
- Manage all special workshops and webinars held on an as-needed basis.
- Manage marketing for ACIS professional development events.
- Identify topics of interest to ACIS members for webinars and workshops.
- Remain current on educational and independent school issues, develop and maintain networking ties with other PD coordinators, and develop a database of speakers, facilitators, and presenters for presentations.
- Convene volunteer planning committees as needed.
- Assist the Executive Director and Executive Assistant with the negotiation of all hotel contracts.
- Manage all logistics with speakers/presenters, volunteers, and hotel staff.
- Attend each event as the on-site coordinator.
- Create and manage event registration, with the help of the Executive Assistant.
- Budget and manage the finances for each event, with the help of the Executive Director and Executive Assistant.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Strong organizational skills and strict attention to detail.
- Communicate clearly and effectively in writing and by phone.
- Strong technology skills.
- Ability to set and meet deadlines.
- Ability to learn on the job.
- Ability to problem-solve rapidly in times of stress.
- B.A. preferred.
- Experience in event planning and/or in education preferred.
There are minimal physical demands. When running conferences, there are long days that involve large amounts of walking, standing for long periods of time, and moving light materials: boxes, conference supplies, and some electronics.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: ACIS is committed to principles of diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion or creed, color, sexual orientation or identity, age, physical challenge, national origin, or gender.
To Apply: Please submit an electronic cover letter, resume, and list of 3-5 professional references to Alan Smiley, ACIS Executive Director, at [email protected] by July 24, 2020. References will not be contacted without advance notification to applicants.