St. Mary’s Academy
Job Position: Extended Day Program Coordinator
St. Mary’s Academy Overview:
St. Mary’s Academy, located in Englewood, Colorado is Metro Denver’s premier Catholic, independent school offering rigorous academics in its co-ed lower and middle schools, and its high school for girls. St. Mary’s Academy offers a safe, yet innovative program that embraces all student backgrounds, and fosters character and moral development from Pre-Kindergarten to Graduation.
St. Mary’s Academy is a close community where faculty and staff serve as role models for the students in accordance with a mission to foster excellence in each child through academic achievement, spiritual development, and service. The qualities of a strong work ethic, desire for personal growth, and commitment to life-long learning that St. Mary’s Academy expects of students is likewise an expectation for faculty and staff. Each day, too, is an opportunity to live the Loretto School Values of faith, community, justice, and respect.
St. Mary’s Academy is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff who are dedicated to their profession and to the well-being and life of the St. Mary’s Academy community. St. Mary's Academy does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, sex, disability, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, sexual orientation or religion. This policy applies to all areas of student concerns: educational policies, admission policies (historically high school admission is open to women only), scholarship, and grant-in-aid programs, athletic and other school-administered programs as well as employee/personnel concerns. St. Mary's Academy is an equal opportunity employer.
The Extended Day Program (EDP) Coordinator provides operational oversight for after-school, extended day programming serving the Lower School at St. Mary’s Academy. This part-time position requires proper certifications, leadership skills, and effective communication with parents, teachers, and students.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and administer in collaboration with the Lower School Principal a safe program that supports the academy mission and offers fun and enriching experiences for students.
- Oversee operations of EDP including hiring, scheduling, and overseeing staff, managing budget and materials, and coordinating with internal and external constituents involved in operations.
- Personally supervise the day-to-day operation of EDP, from 2:15 p.m. to 6:15 p.m. daily.
- Keep records of program plans and all injuries, incidents and communications, and report any issues directly to the Lower School Principal.
- Ensure proper parent/guardian sign-out of children and keep accurate records.
- Ensure that EDP complies with city and state regulatory standards.
- Provide regular communications to families in EDP throughout their time enrolled using email, social media, and other tools to keep families informed and engaged.
- Attend, as necessary, Admissions and Lower School events to promote EDP.
- Consistently provide high levels of customer service in a positive and professional manner to internal and external members of the community.
- Foster collegiality and positive morale among staff.
- Serves as a point of contact and subject matter expert for EDP contract terms and questions.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
Education and qualifications should include the following:
- Bachelors and a minimum of three (3) years of auxiliary program experience.
- 2 years of direct experience working with children under 13. Teaching and curriculum development experience is expected, particularly at the Lower School (PreK-Grade 5) level, along with demonstrated knowledge about the varying developmental needs of young children and experience in positive discipline.
- Ability to use a range of technical tools: e-newsletter software, web-based registration and enrollment software and basic content management tools in addition to basic office software such as word processing and spreadsheet software.
- College coursework in early childhood education, elementary education, or a related field.
- Must have the ability to work independently.
The pay range for this hourly position is $20.00 - $25.00. St. Mary’s Academy provides excellent benefits, including medical, dental, and life insurance, retirement, paid time off, tuition remission, and opportunities for professional development.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send a coverletter and resume with the subject line "Extended Day Program Coordinator" to [email protected]
NO calls, please