Substitute Teaching Opportunities at Stanley British Primary School
K-8 Substitute Teacher (on an as-needed basis)
- Being on-call for teacher coverage; assignments range from subbing in multi-age classrooms (K-1-2, 3-4-5 or 6-7-8) or in single-grade classes for language arts, humanities, math, Spanish, arts, etc., and can range from one or two days to a longer term assignment, depending on the needs of the school;
- Creating a safe, supportive, mutually respectful classroom community which values the distinct contributions and abilities of each child;
- Inspiring and educating children to develop to their full potential – socially, emotionally, intellectually, physically and creatively;
- Implementing integrated, meaningful, developmentally-appropriate curricula in which students can explore and experiment through first hand experiences;
- Creating opportunities for students to know themselves, to make good choices, and take responsibility for their own learning and actions;
- Communicating and collaborating positively and professionally with the Stanley staff and community.
Desired Qualifications and Background Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience teaching K-8 students
- British Primary experience or interest in training in British Primary approach is an asset
About Stanley BPS
For more than 40 years, Stanley classrooms have been filled with engaged learners guided by inspired teachers. We carefully blend an academic program grounded in a whole-child approach with an attention to each child’s social-emotional development. Our British Primary philosophy promotes the notion that when students enjoy what they’re doing and take an active role in their education, learning becomes a joy and a lifelong endeavor.
- An inclusive and diverse community
- Lifelong learning
- Positive and constructive communication
- Creativity, flexibility, and resourcefulness
- An understanding of children and childhood
- Commitment to making a positive difference in the world
SBPS is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive school community. Candidates from a variety of backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
A Note About Our School During Covid
Stanley British Primary School school operations are guided by Colorado Public Health and Environment and the Denver Department of Public Health and Environment. Proof of Covid vaccine is required and we have a partnership with CovidCheck Colorado that provides free Covid tests to all of our staff, including anyone serving as a substitute teacher. We are committed to the health and well-being of everyone in our community, including any substitute teachers working at Stanley.
The daily rate for substitute teaching at Stanley BPS is $100 for a full day and $50 for a half day.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Stanley BPS is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all persons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of Stanley BPS, including admissions, employment and access to services and programs.
To initiate an application, send a cover letter and resume to: Buffy Naake, Director of Operations, [email protected].
- (67.2 KBs)