Job title: Alumni and Special Events Manager
Reports to: Director of Development
The Alumni and Special Events Manager plays a critical role in St. Anne’s development efforts and works closely with both the Director of Development and Annual Giving Manager. This person is the principal manager of the school’s Alumni Program and organizes the school’s internal and external events.
Responsibilities- Alumni Program
- Create the strategic vision and annual plan for the Alumni Program.
- Lay the groundwork for the engagement of and solicitation of St. Anne’s alumni and alumni parents.
- Work with the Alumni Association President and Board and prepare for meetings; attend meetings and prepare minutes.
- Coordinate, plan and attend alumni events.
- Communicate with alumni and alumni families as needed.
- Visit with two alumni each month to build relationships and engagement in the program.
- Work with the Communications Director on the School Magazine for annual publication, including writing articles and class notes.
- Work with the Annual Giving Manager on alumni and alumni parent solicitations and communications.
- Oversee and coordinate efforts to initiate graduating eighth graders into status as alumni and assist the Director of Development with 8th grade fundraising initiatives.
Responsibilities – Special Events
- Plan and assist school-wide events such as Parents’ Association events, graduation, annual ceremonies, and holiday receptions/parties.
- Coordinate room scheduling calendar, committee meetings, faculty/staff meetings and other internal events.
- Communicate event needs with the facilities team, food service, Director of Communications, and technology department.
- Monitor scheduling and usage of school facilities and event spaces.
- Handle requests and setup needs for off-campus/third-party groups.
- Support events when needed, including some nights and weekends.
- Perform administrative duties for select events: manage events software (Axiom), compile guest/attendance lists, manage RSVPs, and establish and monitor event budgets.
- Order alcoholic beverages for select events.
The Alumni and Special Events Manager must be able to work independently and as part of the Development Office team and St. Anne’s community. The Alumni and Special Events Manager may be required to work occasional hours during the evening or early morning. Additional employment policies and requirements are found in the St. Anne’s Handbook.
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- Experience with working in an independent school environment and specific experience working in Alumni Relations or Annual Giving, etc.
- Proficient use and knowledge of Raiser’s Edge is preferred
- Knowledge of Google, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Demonstrated ability to exercise excellent judgment, diplomacy, confidentiality, and sensitivity to a range of constituents
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, to be flexible and to prioritize to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think critically, strategically, and creatively
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with a broad range of donors, volunteers, parents, students, alumni, faculty and staff and the general public
- Passion for education and diversity, equity, and inclusion
Compensation: $45,000-$60,000 Salary will be commensurate with experience.
St. Anne’s provides a wide range of employee benefits, including medical, dental, vision, retirement, life insurance, and professional development opportunities.
Please send or e-mail a cover letter and resume to:
St. Anne's Episcopal School
2701 South York Street
Denver, CO 80210
Attention: Jennie Ruport, Director of Development
E-mail: [email protected]For more information about St. Anne’s Episcopal School, please visit our website at www.st-annes.org.