Aspen Academy is an independent Pre Kindergarten - 8th grade school located in Greenwood Village. We are committed to providing our student body with an outstanding liberal arts education with a focus on advanced performance within the framework of academic rigor, character and leadership development, and community strength and service. Our teachers are experts in their field and hold a primary responsibility for the development and success of our students.
At Aspen Academy students participate in Drama by being actively engaged during lessons. The theatre art of Drama at Aspen Academy will provide students an opportunity to engage in improvisation, memorization, pantomime and stage directions for a well-rounded base of drama. Through physical and verbal expression, students perform as individuals and members of a group.
Through Drama, students gain self-confidence, public speaking skills and teamwork. These invaluable skills shine through into all areas of the growth process. When students feel comfortable speaking before large groups, their communication skills improve across the board.
We are searching for a Drama instructor with the following qualifications:
Bachelor’s Degree in Education or Drama, Master’s Degree preferred
2+ years of experience as a lead teacher, Drama Experience essential
Knowledge of the creative process, fundamental drama skills as well as design and technical production.
Experience with individualized/differentiated instruction
Experience with the use of technology in the classroom
Excellent time management, organization, communication, and interpersonal skills.
The position duties of the Music Teacher shall include but are not limited to the following list.
- Teach multiple classes a day from kindergarten through 8th grade plus lead multiple performing ensembles
- Coordinate with lower and middle school teachers for cross-curricular holistic learning
- Have regular contact and document all communication with parents and student development.
- Design and facilitate curriculum within the national music standards.
- Assist in coordinating bi-weekly school wide and student run performances
- Plan, organize and run school performances for annual fundraiser
- Model kindness, leadership and fiscal reasonability to the students and student run businesses
- Communicate with students’ outside support professionals as needed
- Provide resources for co-workers, parents and students outside of class
RULES AND REGULATIONS: Employee agrees to adhere to all of School’s rules and regulations which are presently in force or which may be established later. Employees must read and follow the Aspen Academy Employee Handbook.
- BA in music or music education or related field required. M.A. , M.M. or M.Ed in music or teaching music preferred.
- 5+ years of experience teaching preferred
- Experience in both vocal and instrumental music
- Clear knowledge and deep understanding popular, traditional and classical music