CA seeks a Kindergarten staff position which reports directly to the Lower School Principal effective August 2021. The primary role of this position is to support the classroom teacher and students in accordance with school curriculum goals in the areas of academic and social-emotional skills. This is a part-time, 5 hours a day, 10-month position.
The Kindergarten Teaching Assistant will:
- Relate to students in an age-appropriate manner
- Work with students individually for individualized instruction
- Work with students in small learning groups
- Assist the classroom teacher in planning and preparing curriculum materials
- Assist the classroom teacher during classroom instruction
- Assume the role of lead teacher if the classroom teacher is absent
- Complete daily tasks assigned by the classroom teacher
- Clerical tasks: copy, create, and prepare materials, bulletin boards, laminating, field trip planning, etc.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues
- Support Lower School programs
- Attend faculty and staff meetings and professional day opportunities
- Support rules of conduct and discipline and suitable learning environment in the classroom and during recess
- Experience in a school setting (preferred)
- Effective and supportive communication skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Manage multiple and ongoing tasks
- Technology literacy skills
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply by April 30, 2021. Apply online at: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/501396
The pay range for this position is $25,000 - $35,000. Colorado Academy reserves the right to pay more or less than the posted range. Any discrepancies that may exist do not relate to sex. Eligibility for all benefit programs is defined by the applicable plan document.
Applicants are invited to visit the Colorado Academy website (www.coloradoacademy.org) to learn more about the program and the school.
Colorado Academy does not discriminate or allow unlawful harassment in any of its programs, procedures or practices on the basis of age, color, disability, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, political affiliation, race, religion or creed, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, marital status or other protected classifications defined by applicable law. The policy applies in all aspects of employment with the Academy.