The High Mountain Institute is seeking a full-time Director of Finance and Operations to begin work May 24, 2021. The Director of Finance & Operations oversees HMI’s accounting, bookkeeping, budgeting, human resources, technology, and operations. The Director serves as a member of the school leadership team and serves as the staff support member to the HMI Board of Trustees Finance Committee.
About the High Mountain Institute: HMI seeks to connect our students to the natural world and teach them essential leadership and communication skills through participation in a rigorous academic program, extended wilderness trips, and a community of shared responsibility. For more information, please visit www.hminet.org.
- Create and oversee annual and capital budgets and long-term fiscal planning
- Provide staff support and advise Board of Trustees on fiscal matters
- Oversee IT systems
- Bid and oversee all HMI insurance programs
- Oversee retirement, healthcare, and other employee benefits
- Oversee all bookkeeping, accounting, payroll, and regulatory filing for HMI
- Oversee facility maintenance and new capital construction
- Oversee human resources for all HMI employees
- Serve on HMI’s administrative team/oversee Executive Assistant/participate in on-call coverage
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- 4-9% retirement benefits match after 1 year
- 3-6 weeks vacation
- Wilderness leadership training opportunities
- Annual professional development opportunities
- Competitive salary, dependent on experience
- On-campus housing (as available)
Qualifications: BA or higher in Accounting or another Business related field; 5-10 years prior experience in office management, benefits management, budgeting, bookkeeping, GAAP and accounting; ability to manage IT systems; proficiency in MS Office suite, Google Drive, Quickbooks, and web based applications, ability to pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
How to Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume via email to Em Ducharme, Administrative Coordinator & Registrar, at [email protected]
We will review applications on a rolling basis, but expect a thorough review to begin the week of February 15, 2021; we will continue reviewing applications until the position is filled. Finalists will be invited to HMI for a formal interview.
Correspondence via e-mail is preferred.
The High Mountain Institute is an equal opportunity employer that strives for diversity by honoring the differences of each member of the community. We seek to build a community (of trustees, faculty, staff, and students) that represents ethnic, socioeconomic, and geographic diversity and that brings a diversity of experience, background, talent, and perspective.
- (186.2 KBs)