Position: K-8 Administrative Coordinator
Reports to: Heads of grade-level divisions K-1-2, 3-4-5 and Middle School
Direct reports: None
Contract Terms: Full-time exempt, 12-month position, starting January, 2022
Purpose of the Position and Overview: The K-8 administrative coordinator works with the grade-level division heads of K-1-2, 3-4-5 and Middle School to support the administrative and logistical needs of the K-8 program and the K-8 teaching team. The purpose of this position is to provide administrative support for division heads and the K-8 team that aligns with our British Primary philosophy, mission, vision and values and that embodies our 7 Goals for Learners:
- Self-Awareness – self-advocacy and confidence in one’s beliefs and abilities.
- Collaboration – working with and striving to understand others, including cooperation, communication and empathy.
- Respect – as well as appreciation, for one’s role as a responsible community member.
- Curiosity – including creativity, risk-taking and ability to think anew.
- Perseverance – finding success through hard work and internal motivation.
- Academic Resourcefulness – problem-solving, critical thinking, applying skills and concepts.
- Joyful, Lifelong Learning – finding fulfillment in pursuing one’s passions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Educational Program Support – K-5
- Manage DIBELS and Aims data bases.
- Coordinate testing schedules, materials and other logistics for the 3-4-5 division.
- Coordinate tutors – DPS and private – at the direction of division heads and coordinate all communication and logistics in partnership with the executive assistant to the head of school for space assignments and schedules.
- Support with student progress reports and ongoing maintenance of files.
- Organize 3rd grade placement forms.
- Coordinate the Academic Club After School Program - scheduling,, communications and logistics in partnership with executive assistant to the head of school and division heads
- Provide logistical and organizational support for K-5 programs such as 2nd and 5th grade continuations.
Educational Program Support – Middle School
- Coordinate all middle school testing schedules, reports, materials and other logistics. Collaborate with the Learning Resource Team to support students needing any accommodations.
- Support with student progress reports and interface with the registrar’s office on report distribution, as needed.
- Support with high school application processes and interface with the registrar's office, as needed.
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the middle school trips program, including collaborating with the student health coordinator on waivers, scheduling medical trainings, record keeping and general support to trip leaders.
- Coordinate and oversee all 8th grade Graduation activities, including the rose ceremony, graduation dinner and graduation ceremony. Help recruit and supervise parent volunteers to assist with these events.
- Support the middle school head with scheduling, special programming and assemblies, as needed.
Administrative Support K-8
- Support the email and communications needs of division heads and division teaching teams through school database and web-based communications systems.
- Organize K-8 parent coffees with direction from division heads.
- Support with logistics, materials and general organization of K-8 back-to-school nights.
- Support with logistics and general organization of division-level special events, such as 2nd-grade transition night and 6th-grade transition night.
- Organize K-8 school portraits in the fall and class photos in the spring. Support K-8 division heads and parents with communication and scheduling. Hang the “Wall of Honor” each spring in the main lobby.
- Maintain up-to-date position descriptions for all K-8 team members and update in business office in February each year.
- Assist division heads, as needed, with thank-you notes, staff celebrations and other special occasions.
- Assist in creating and posting open positions. Collaborate with division heads and Director of Operations, as needed, on reviewing resumes, following up with candidates and setting interview schedules, as needed.
- Maintain a database of all applicants.
- Recruit, screen and manage the roster of substitute teachers for all K-8 teaching needs, and coordinate with the business office, as needed, to ensure paperwork is in order for all substitute teachers working at Stanley. Assist teachers in finding and scheduling substitutes.
- A bachelors’ degree and two years of administrative experience, preferably in an independent school setting.
- A passion for school-aged children and for supporting teachers.
- Computer literate with a high level of experience in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel, and all aspects of Google Suite is essential.
- School database experience is preferred - Blackbaud in particular is an asset
- Detail oriented, highly organized and able to juggle multiple projects and tasks at the same time. Comfortable taking direction from more than one supervisor.
- Strong written and oral communication and an ease with a diverse range of students, staff and parents. A commitment to culturally competent interpersonal relationships is key.
- Flexible, resourceful and collaborative, and able to self-start and take initiative.
This is a full time, 12 month exempt administrative position. Compensation will be based on experience and qualifications and will be offered in the range of $50,000-60,000.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Stanley BPS is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all persons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. This policy covers all programs, services, policies and procedures of Stanley BPS, including admissions, employment and access to services and programs
To initiate an application, please submit the following:
1. Letter of interest
3. List of 3-5 professional references
Submit to: Susan Farr, Executive Assistant to the Head of School [email protected]
- (86.3 KBs)