Are you an organized, hands-on individual with an eye for detail? Do you thrive with building relationships, working collaboratively, implementing awesome events, and living from your heart of service? If so, Aspen Academy as an outstanding opportunity!
We live and model the community’s values in thought, word and deed to students, colleagues and parents and the larger community. We are palpably committed to, supportive and co-leaders in the achievement of Aspen Academy’s vision and mission.
- Our values: Be Kind. Do Good. Work Hard. Make the World Better.
- Our mission: We edify and inspire students and educators to grow, learn and lead.
- Our vision: We are a national leader in innovative and transformative education.
If not for life, then what are we learning for? At Aspen Academy, we look at learning as a way to ignite the personal passions and interests of each and every student. Our academics, partnered with a focused leadership development sequence, prepare students for life. Students thrive as they build lasting relationships with peers and teachers through small class sizes and a community focus.
Diversity and inclusion are core to Aspen Academy. We are passionate about building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive working and learning environment. Every member on our team enriches our community by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world. We don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and thrive because of it. Aspen Academy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and promotes affirmative action. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and military and veteran status.
If this inspires you, please apply to join our team.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with the entire Aspen Academy community.
- Design and cultivate small groups to provide a more intimate method for parents to connect.
- Work with the Admissions Team to support and engage new family.
- Develop and execute a proactive family outreach program.
Development Office Support:
- Facilitate weekly gift processing in conjunction with the Accounting department.
- Support fundraising efforts and campaigns, including producing thank you letters and supporting promotion efforts.
- Help manage and maintain donor database, run reports, maintain dashboard.
- Implement acknowledgement and appreciation activities for donors and volunteers.
- Support the coordination and execution of development events.
- Assist with other administrative jobs as requested.
- Learn and understand volunteer needs in the school and match families to volunteer opportunities, connecting parents with meaningful ways to contribute to the school community.
- Maintain volunteer database, catalog, management and tracking system.
- Serve as the primary contact to offer and fulfill volunteer opportunities.
Head of School and Board of Trustees Support:
- Represent HOS and the organization in a professional and congenial manner in person, in telephone and in written correspondence.
- Maintain the calendar, schedule, agendas and reports for the HOS and the Board of Trustees.
- Help HOS manage output, workflow and office deadlines.
- Support the HOS’ correspondence and general correspondence.
- Support events and engagements as needed for the HOS.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the HOS.
- Support the school and its leadership.
- Solid organizational and time management skills including attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities. Responsible for demonstrating a high level of discretion, professionalism, organization and written and verbal communications.
- Initiative, internal motivation, a willingness to take on responsibilities beyond those explicitly defined, and an ability to learn new and established procedures.
- Ability to quickly form close, effective relationships with a wide variety of school constituencies.
- A demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with multiple teams to achieve common goals.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment without reminders from others.
- Demonstrated ability to execute responsibilities efficiently, accurately and on or before deadlines.
- Ability to work independently while still being an effective, contributing team member.
- Exhibit sound judgment related to confidential conversations, projects, and information related to the school or any of its constituents, including the effective communication regarding such matters to the appropriate individuals.
- Demonstrate a relentless drive to improve both in and out of school.
- Model and reinforce the school’s core values, guiding philosophy, rules and school spirit consistently throughout the school environment, and support and hold accountable colleagues in doing the same.
- Grant permission for a criminal background check upon hire.
- Meet physical demands to perform essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions: Ability to work full-time, including some evenings and weekends; work in person/in the school building; Regularly required to stand, walk, use hands, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; Ability to be agile, to swiftly and safely physically respond to an emergency situation; Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds; occasionally life up to 50 pounds.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent combination of education and experience in non profits.
- A minimum of 1-2 years of related customer service experience.
- Familiarity with database systems (e.g., SalesForce).
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Google suite.
- Experience with fundraising and/or development.
- Experience in event planning.
- Experience as an executive assistant and supporting a Board.
Aspen Academy offers an excellent compensation package including health, dental, 403(b) with matching and more; wide-ranging opportunities for professional development; and a talented and dedicated staff of teaching professionals and supportive administrators.
Salary Range: Starting $32,000 - $55,000 (based on education & experience)
Applicants are also invited to visit the Aspen Academy’s website (www.aspenacademy.org) to learn more about the school and its program.