Colorado Academy (CA) is a Pre-K through 12 independent day school in Denver, Colorado seeking a full-time Director of Inclusivity to begin in August 2021. We value candidates who are passionate about issues of equity and inclusivity, and who have excellent interpersonal skills. This position requires working well with a wide variety of constituents including students, colleagues, parents, and occasionally alumni.
The Director of Inclusivity at Colorado Academy is a member of the Administrative Team and reports directly to the Head of School. Acting as a resource, guide, and strategic planner, the Director of Inclusivity will help CA to be an inclusive school community, one that values a diversity of perspectives, traditions, ideas, and contributions.
In particular, the Director of Inclusivity will:
- Provide strategic leadership in the area of diversity at CA, utilizing best practices in diversity and inclusive excellence.
- Oversee and collaborate with faculty division inclusivity representatives and the Community Engagement Officer who works primarily under the supervision of the Director of Inclusivity.
- Lead faculty development to advance the work of improving diversity, equity, and inclusion practices inside and outside of the classroom.
- Act as a resource for faculty and staff in providing academic, emotional, and social support for students/families of diverse backgrounds.
- Serve as a resource for faculty around inclusivity and equity issues through collaboration and support.
- Collaborate with division principals on culturally appropriate curricula.
- Collaborate with the departments of Visual & Performing Arts as well as Athletics in supporting students.
- Coordinate programs for educating the CA community (faculty, staff, students, parents) about issues related to inclusivity.
- Partner with CA parent organizations to ensure diversity and inclusivity in parent programming.
- Serve as a resource for students and student leaders of diversity initiatives; work to be a visible presence in the different divisions at CA.
- Support the hiring of candidates of color at CA through outreach and travel to conferences and hiring fairs.
- Support the Admission Office’s work with prospective parents as they work to learn more about the CA community and a potential fit for their child.
- Work with the Communications Office to publicize diversity-related events, educational opportunities, workshops, etc. for students, faculty, and families.
This position requires an individual with vision, patience, flexibility, energy, enthusiasm, proven people and managerial skills, a sense of humor, and experience working with students and parents. Experience in an educational institution and an understanding of mission-driven enterprises are helpful. Bachelor's degree required, Master’s Degree and two to four years’ experience with diversity initiatives in schools preferred.
The successful candidate for this position will have:
- Leadership experience in community-building efforts.
- Value the importance of being present.
- An understanding of where students are developmentally throughout their secondary school experience
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (verbal and written), analytical and organizational skills.
- A genuine appreciation for and ability to mentor adolescents.
- The ability to inspire as well as work as part of a team of professionals.
The pay range for the position is $70,000 - $85,000. Colorado Academy reserves the right to pay more or less than the posted range. Any discrepancies that may exist do not relate to sex.
Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance available as is a 403(b) retirement plan for Full Time employees, in addition to all entitlements under federal and state law.
Apply online at: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/491022
Applicants are invited to visit the Colorado Academy website (www.coloradoacademy.org) to learn more about the program and the school.
Colorado Academy does not discriminate or allow unlawful harassment in any of its programs, procedures or practices on the basis of age, color, disability, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, political affiliation, race, religion or creed, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, marital status or other protected classifications defined by applicable law. The policy applies in all aspects of employment with the Academy.