Please apply via our website here.
International School of Denver is an independent school that teaches the curricula and fulfills the highest educational standards of the United States, China, France and Spain by offering early immersion bilingual international education, accredited by participating governments, in order to prepare its students to thrive in a diverse and competitive global society. The middle school is accredited as a prestigious International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme. Staff and Faculty members are the cornerstone of our school. In addition to driving the schools operations, they must also be living examples of the schools values.
Direct Support of Learning and Teaching
- Align with the ISDenver Mission, Vision, Values and Beliefs and be a proactive advocate for the school.
- Support the work of the Target Language teaching staff by working with small groups or individuals on learning tasks designed by the teacher
- Communicate effectively with children through questioning, instructing, explaining and decision making
- Provide feedback on the learning process to the teacher for evaluation and planning purposes
- Supervise the whole class as and when needed.
- Participate in visits and trips to support the curriculum
Social Emotional Support
- Develop nurturing relationships with the children in your care and work closely with the teaching staff to ensure all children feel comfortable and confident in their learning environment
- Supervise and support all children as appropriate and following the School Behavior Management Policy
- Communicate and consult with the Target Language teachers and/or Program Coordinator and Division Coordinator about any student issues that may require specific or unusual action
- Maintain confidentiality at all times in respect of individual/family circumstances as well as any specific education programs being undertaken
- Undertake recess and lunch duties as assigned
Indirect Support of Learning and Teaching
- Assist teacher in management and maintenance of classroom in compliance with requirements of State of Colorado, Department of Human Services licensing requirements and ISD policies and procedures.
- Work in close cooperation with assigned teachers, ensuring workload and tasks are managed so that the learning of the students is prioritized and supported fully and appropriately
- Prepare appropriate materials for planned activities
- Carry out administrative duties e.g. photocopying, laminating
- Know, understand and implement all aspects of Licensing as pertains to the Early Childhood setting at ISD
- Be familiar with the purpose and scope of educational activities relating to the French curriculum
- Actively seek opportunities for Professional Development (PD) in order to keep up to date with current best practice
- Attend all TA PD workshops and training as organized by the school to support the School Improvement Plan as appropriate to the role
- Participate in reflection, evaluation and growth programs for teaching assistants
Attend any appropriate department or school meetings
Minimum Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent, preferred
- Native use of the target language (French, Spanish or Chinese)
- Fluent in English with good verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum of two years experience teaching or in a child care setting, preferred
- Must meet State of Colorado requirements for Group Leader qualification (ECE Only)
- Must be computer literate.
- Regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee may occasionally be required to bend, stoop or kneel.
This is a full-time, benefited position. Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include but are not limited to; health and dental insurance, STD/LTD, tuition remission, paid time off. Only applicants to be invited for an interview will be contacted.
ISD is an EEO employer and follows all applicable employment laws.