Montessori School of Denver (MSD), located in beautiful Colorado, is seeking a full-time Receptionist for the 2021-2022 school year. The right candidate is a fun, creative, detailed, forward-thinking, collaborative, and all-around fantastic person who can confidently run the front office.
About Our School: MSD provides an engaging, empowering, and sound Montessori educational program for students ages 2-14. Our school is accredited by the American Montessori Society (AMS), the Association of Colorado Independent Schools (ACIS), and the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS). Founded in 1964, MSD is the oldest Montessori school in the Denver metro area. In 2015, MSD completed a comprehensive multi-million-dollar expansion plan to complement its existing facilities. A new Arts and Athletics Center, enhanced outdoor learning and play environments, a new Toddler Village, updated Middle School space, a thriving Urban Farm and one of a kind Vertical Farm, and a state-of-the-art Science and Innovation Tower were added to provide an exceptional, experiential, educational environment for all of our students.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Answering telephone calls and transfering to appropriate individual or voicemail.
- General front desk duties including greeting and announcing visitors, receiving deliveries, assisting faculty and staff with questions, sharing information about MSD to prospective families, and making current and prospective families feel warm and welcome at MSD.
- Oversee office equipment and maintain office supply inventory.
- Completing routine filing, typing and word processing.
- Making copies, faxing, and assembling school mailings.
- Entering and maintaining computer data in Blackbaud database with respect to existing and new students and families.
- Keeping a schedule of all events on campus and the spaces being utilized at all times.
- Maintaining the integrity of the front office by signing visitors in/out and issuing visitor badges.
- Assisting the school nurse with tracking student health records, reporting student immunization rates, and managing student medications.
- Providing support to other administrative departments as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience
- Strong communication and attention to detail
- Excellent phone skills
- Comfortable multi-tasking and prioritizing tasks without guidance
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc)
- Experience with student information systems and/or data entry
Reports to: Director of Engagement
FLSA Status: Nonexempt, 40 hours per week, Number of Days Paid – 260
Compensation: Salary Range $20 hour (based on education and experience)
Montessori School of Denver offers an excellent compensation package including paid time off, health, dental, vision, 403(b) with matching and more; wide-ranging opportunities for professional development; and a talented and dedicated staff of teaching professionals and supportive administrators. Successful candidates will join a dynamic, supportive, and forward-thinking teaching community of over 70 individuals.
Montessori School of Denver does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability.
Applicants are invited to visit Montessori School of Denver’s website (montessoridenver.org) to learn more about the school and its programs.
To Apply: Complete your application today at https://montessoridenver.org/employment-opportunities/. Send completed application and resume to the attention of Lydia Desmarais, Director of Human Resources, by emailing [email protected] or faxing 303-757-6145. We look forward to hearing from you!
 Accredited with non-traditional Montessori age grouping at the Elementary II and Secondary levels.
 Nonexempt employees are eligible for paid overtime over 40 hours per pay week. However, a nonexempt employee may not work overtime without supervisor permission. A nonexempt employee may only work the hours that they are scheduled to work.