Be part of a team committed to providing an intentionally diverse student body an outstanding liberal arts education with a focus on advanced performance within the framework of an individualized education, leadership, character development, and service learning. Through internationally acclaimed academics and the nation’s first integrated Pre-K through 8th grade leadership and entrepreneurial development program, our students are empowered to lead purposeful and extraordinary lives. Small classes are led by exceptional, award-winning faculty who provide a foundation of rich academics and a personalized approach to instruction.
- Teach assigned classes.
- Exhibit mastery and enthusiasm for the assigned academic subjects and classes.
- Plan and implement an appropriately focused and balanced curriculum for each student which adhere to the school's curriculum and standards.
- Prepare and develop activities, materials and lessons to meet the learning objectives (skills and content) of the curriculum and standards.
- To develop and maintain a well-managed classroom where 100% of the students are engaged, consistently challenged, and supported.
- Integrate technology into daily classroom teaching and student learning.
- Engage families in their children's education and to communicate regularly and effectively with students and families.
- Full use of school-prescribed instructional methodologies including Individualized Education based on student interest assessments and ability levels, Socratic Instruction, Inquiry Based Instruction, Contextual Instruction, Differentiated Instruction, and Flexible Grouping.
- Assist in the ongoing development of the school’s curriculum and core performance standards.
- Weekly updates of all LMS aspects: Homework, Class Announcements, Pictures, Gradebook, etc.
- Implement a variety of assessments that measure progress towards academic standards, including FASTbridge.
- Use assessment data to refine curriculum and instructional practices to help meet the school's performance standards and expectations.
- Reinforce the school’s core values and policies inside and outside the classroom.
- Fulfill assigned monitoring duties (i.e. recess, lunch duty, etc.).
- Promote and maintain a supportive and positive relationship with all students and families you serve.
- Be open to and enthusiastically involved in innovative approaches to teaching, feedback from colleagues and school administration.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with students, parents and colleagues
- Committed to working with a diverse student population.
- Proficient use of computer software, Google and learning management systems (Canvas preferred).
- Demonstrate a relentless drive to improve both in and out of school.
- Model the school’s core values with colleagues, students, parents, and larger community.
- Reinforce the school’s core values, guiding philosophy, rules, and school spirit consistently throughout the school environment and support and hold accountable colleagues in doing the same.
- Employment with Aspen Academy will be contingent upon completion of a background investigation.
- Ability to analyze data and use data to inform decisions and/or instruction.
- Strong organizational skills.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
- Required: four-year degree from an accredited College.
- Preferred: postgraduate degree, teaching credential or license.
- 3-5 years of elementary or lower school classroom experience.
- Proof of his/her knowledge, such as completed degree or course of study in a field, related to the domain the employee will be teaching.
- Experience with curriculum development, working collaboratively with a team and technology integration.
- Evidence of continuing professional development.
- Preferred - CPR, First Aid Training.
- Experience with Singapore Math is a plus.
Additional Information relevant to the 20-21 academic year:
- Monday through Friday (Friday is ½ day for students) schedule.
- Aspen Academy is currently operating with face-to-face instruction with COVID-19 precautions in place.
- Every grade has a small number of virtual students participating in synchronous learning.
Salary Range is commensurate with education and experience, starting range: $31,520 - $51,106.
Aspen Academy offers an excellent compensation package, wide-ranging opportunities for professional development, and a talented and dedicated staff of teaching professionals and supportive administrators.
Applicants are also invited to visit the Aspen Academy’s website (www.aspenacademy.org) to learn more about our school and program.
To apply: Complete your application today at https://www.aspenacademy.org/about/careers.
Equal Opportunity at Aspen Academy: We are a community that values and celebrates differences in learning, culture, race, ethnic origin, religion, sex, physical abilities, sexual orientation and gender identity. To read full policy please click here.