Evergreen Country Day School (www.evergreencountryday.org) is a learning community characterized by curiosity and kindness. The campus is located in scenic Evergreen, Colorado, only 25 miles west of downtown Denver, with 225 students, Toddler through eighth grade. The mission of the school is to inspire and equip students to THRIVE and to create a better world, underscored by the school's supporting pillars of academics, character, community, safety, and individuality. Small class sizes allow for teachers to challenge students while providing individualized instruction within our THRIVE educational philosophy.
Head of The Nest
Working closely with the Head of The Nest and the lead teacher in Early Preschool, from 7:30AM to 1:30PM, Monday through Friday (30 hours/week), starting January 3rd, 2023 for the duration of our spring semester.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Classroom experience teaching at the early childhood level.
- Demonstrated passion for early childhood/early elementary education.
- Experience in developing curriculum for early elementary students.
- Ability to integrate technology, use innovative curricula, and employ best pedagogical practices.
- Understanding of the developmental needs of early learners.
- Ability to differentiate instruction when necessary to reach all levels of learners.
- Collaborative spirit in developing curricula and teaching methods.
- Flexibility, optimism, creativity, high expectations, and a growth mindset.
- Enthusiastic involvement in the school community outside the classroom.
- Proven positive working relationships with colleagues, students, and families.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proven organizational skills.
- Passion for the uniqueness of early learners.
- Support the school, its mission, and its leadership
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head of The Nest
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES AS REQUIRED:
Interested candidates please share your resume and letter of interest with Sarah Mahoney, Nest Director at [email protected].