Early Childhood Afternoon Assistant Position
The Denver Waldorf School is looking for an Early Childhood Afternoon Assistant at our main campus location.
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
- CDHS qualifications
- Strong love of working with children ages 3 ½ – 6
- Interest in Waldorf education
- The ability to work well in a collegial setting
- The ability to communicate clearly and regularly with parents
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Supervising children on the playground
- Cleaning up the room
- Supporting the Lead Teacher and Lead Assistant
- Caring for the children in the after-school care program
- Interacts closely with the group of children
- Nurturing and tending the domestic and artistic life of the classroom
- Shares in the care of the greater classroom environment
- Supports and provides an atmosphere of security, warmth, and joy.
Afternoon assistants are also required to participate in CPR and First Aid training offered at the school.
The hours are from 11:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., up to 5:30 p.m. on some days
The base pay is $19.25/hour.
Benefits include PTO and opportunities/support for ongoing professional development
If you are interested, please send your resume with three professional references including their contact information to:
e-mail to [email protected]