International School of Denver is an independent school that teaches the curricula and fulfills the highest educational standards of the United States, China, France and Spain by offering early immersion bilingual international education, accredited by participating governments, in order to prepare its students to thrive in a diverse and competitive global society. The middle school is accredited as a prestigious International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme. Staff and Faculty members are the cornerstone of our school. In addition to driving the school’s operations, they must also be living examples of the school’s values.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Align with the ISDenver Mission, Vision, Values and Beliefs and be a proactive advocate for the school.
- Assume responsibility as a Math MYP teacher for one or more classes of assigned students, promoting the general progress and well being of individual students and of any class or group of students assigned, ensuring their holistic developmental needs are met – personal, social, emotional as well as academic.
- Follow course objectives and outlines for the assigned course(s) of study according to appropriate curriculum guidelines related to the requirements of the Colorado State Standards and the curriculum agreements of the International School of Denver for the Middle Years Programme.
- Manage and maintain classroom in compliance with requirements of State of Colorado, Department of Human Services licensing requirements and ISD policies and procedures.
- Plan, prepare and teach high quality lessons in line with current best practice taking into account the international dimension of the school population, the IB MYP framework and the ISD Learning Principles.
- Challenge and inspire students by matching learning to the differing educational needs and learning styles of individuals in the classes or groups assigned.
- Give timely, constructive and developmental oral feedback and written response to students as outlined in ISD policies.
- Assess, record and report the development, progress and attainment of students.
- Work closely with the Academic Administration to ensure high standards of learning and teaching across the curriculum.
- Work closely and plan collaboratively with department and grade level colleagues and other MYP teachers, creating a sense of cohesion and spirit within the team, co-operating with colleagues in other grade levels and specialist departments.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the assigned Student Support specialists, co-teaching as and when appropriate to support learners, planning appropriate programs for use in the mainstream classroom.
- Ensure an organized, supportive and stimulating high-quality learning environment at all times.
- Maintain good order and discipline among the students, safeguarding their health and safety whenever they are authorized to be on the school premises and when they are engaged in authorized school activities elsewhere.
- Carry out all administrative and organizational tasks as required, including attendance records and supervision of students, following timings and ensuring that there is always a prompt start and end to lessons and recess times and that school policies and procedures are followed at all times.
- Actively promote positive professional partnerships between home and school.
- Provide timely guidance and advice to parents on educational and pastoral matters throughout the year, ensuring relevant records and reports are kept and meetings take place as necessary.
- Discuss students’ academic and behavioral attitudes and achievements with parents or guardians throughout the year.
- Report to parents at the scheduled parent teacher consultation meetings and through scheduled written reports.
- Communicate and consult with the Division Coordinator, appropriate Student Support Specialists and/or Head of School about any student issues that may require action beyond the classroom, in accordance with the Behavior Management Policy.
- Facilitate collaboration between grade levels and divisions, ensuring highly successful transition for all students.
- Coordinate class field trips.
- Participate fully in supervision duties, staff meetings, parent meetings, workshops and various co-curricular, extra-curricular and PTO activities that promote the school’s programs and reputation.
- Participate fully in the annual ISDenver Teacher Reflection, Evaluation and Growth Process.
- Actively seek opportunities for Professional Development (PD) in order to keep up to date with current best practice.
- Attend all PD workshops and training as organized by the school to support the School Strategic Plan.
- Be prepared to share best practice with colleagues through opportunities such as team or co-teaching, peer observations, modeling and assisting with PD workshops.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Fluent in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Qualified teacher status with experience teaching Math and Design in grades 5-8 with ability to challenge advanced math learners
- Knowledge of curricula and methodology at ISD
- Knowledge of and proficiency in age-appropriate teaching methods
- Ability to demonstrate analytical and problem?solving skills
- Computer literacy (specifically in Microsoft Office/Outlook, Google and the Internet)
- Ability to work well either alone or as part of a team, and provide direction to others when needed.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment.
Minimum Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors or Masters degree or equivalent in education with recognized teaching credentials.
- Minimum of two years teaching experience of the subjects in Elementary or Middle School as appropriate
- Must meet State of Colorado requirements.
- Regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee may occasionally be required to bend, stoop or kneel.
This is a full-time, benefitted position on a teacher's calendar.
ISD is an EEO employer and follows all applicable employment laws.
1. Job descriptions are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
2. All employees are required to undergo a Colorado Department of Human Services required background check prior to employment.
To apply, visit here.