Reports to: Onsite Registered Nurse and Associate Head of Lower School
Status: Full time, school year
Individual will perform a full range of education/non-educational duties for a kindergarten student with some physical limitations. This person will provide support as needed in and out of the classroom including instructional support, clerical, lunch/recess supervision, and student needs. Under the guidance of a licensed Registered Nurse, assist student with moderate medical needs by helping individual move around campus and the classroom, assist as needed with diaper changes and removal/replacement of ankle-foot orthotics (AFOs) as needed, and assist with other physical needs as needed. Assist licensed teachers in the classroom by monitoring student and appropriately helping student as needed. Maintain a clean and hygienic work environment.
- 1:1 assist student during diaper changes
- 1:1 help with AFOs as needed
- 1:1 assist with movement around campus, specifically up and down stairs and on longer walks to and from various locations
- 1:1 help on field trips, getting on and off the bus
- Assist all students in classroom setting as needed in collaboration with other classroom teachers
- Help create and maintain an inclusive environment.
- Covid precautions and protocols to be followed per Graland guidance, may change throughout the year
- Minimum 2 years experience working in a school setting
- High school diploma
- Experience working with students
- Experience working in a special education environment
- Experience working with someone with medical needs/interest in working with someone with medical needs
- CPR and First Aid certifications, or obtained within 3 months
Basic knowledge of typical office equipment such as telephones, copiers, fax machines, email, etc.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Intermediate verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced interpersonal relations skills
- Advanced organizational skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job
Please send letter of interest and resume to Megan Schmid, [email protected]