Under the direction of the After School Program Lead, this position provides after school care and programming for up to 30 students, ages 4-14. Time in the After School Program is structured with an after school snack, playtime either outside or inside, and free time. Teachers play an integral role as leaders in the school community. The Teacher’s primary role is to demonstrate a relentless drive to improve the minds and lives of students in and out of school; model the school’s core values with colleagues, students, parents, and larger community; and reinforce the school’s core values, guiding philosophy, rules, and school spirit consistently throughout the school environment and support and hold accountable colleagues in doing the same.
Aspen Academy was selected by our employees as the Denver Business Journal's Best Place to Work. We live and model the community’s values in thought, word and deed to students, colleagues and parents and the larger community. We are palpably committed to, supportive and co-leaders in the achievement of Aspen Academy’s vision and mission.
- Our values: Be Kind. Do Good. Work Hard. Make the World Better.
- Our mission: We edify and inspire students and educators to grow, learn and lead.
- Our vision: We are a national leader in innovative and transformative education.
Aspen Academy prepares students to enter, succeed in, and graduate from outstanding high schools. Aspen Academy is committed to providing an intentionally diverse student body an outstanding liberal arts education with a focus on advanced performance within the framework of an individualized education, leadership, character development, and service learning.
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Keep attendance sheets accurate.
- Plan and implement appropriate games and activities.
- To develop and maintain a well-managed classroom where 100% of the students are engaged, challenged, and supported. Classroom policies should be consistent with school policies.
- Prepare and supervise snack according to snack procedures.
- To keep classroom and play areas clean, neat and presentable. Clean up and lock Extended Care areas at the end of each day according to closing procedures.
- Keep Director and Lead Teacher notified of problems and concerns occurring during extended care.
- Attend annual health and safety training classes.
- Minimum: high energy, passion for teaching great kids. 16-years or older.
- Preferred: 1-2+ years’ experience working in licensed programs. Bachelor’s Degree or some college level course work, preferably in education, child development, etc.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Possess excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to use diplomacy and tact with citizens, volunteers, staff and the general public.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Grant permission for a credit criminal background check.
Compensation: $15.80 to $19.00 / hour, commensurate with experience & certifications
Applicants are also invited to visit the Aspen Academy’s website (www.aspenacademy.org) to learn more about the school and its program.