November 1, 2021 - May 31, 2022
ST. ANNE’S EPISCOPAL SCHOOL
Administrative Health Assistant (2021-2022)
November 1- May 31, 2022
St. Anne’s Episcopal School opened as a school in Denver in 1950. Today St. Anne’s has grown into a PS-8 independent, coeducational day school with more than 430 students currently enrolled. Its mission is to “educate minds, enrich hearts and expand horizons”. Emphasis is placed on character development and ethical decision making through the School’s unique history and heritage and an array of programs and activities.
As the school's primary medical caregiver under the supervision of the Children’s Hospital nurse consultant, the health assistant supports the health and wellness of all students. The health assistant must be collaborative and able to work well on a team. The health assistant delivers health services for students in a timely manner, educates the community on important health issues, identifies health problems, and collaborates with parents, primary care physicians, and the St. Anne’s physical education department and faculty to develop student healthcare plans, and ensures the safety and health of the community. St. Anne’s seeks applications from candidates who will contribute to an atmosphere in which all are valued and supported.
Responsibilities may include:
- Perform medical procedures as delegated by the Children’s Hospital nurse consultant. These procedures may include, but are not limited to, inhaler treatments, nebulizer treatments, insulin administration via injection or insulin pump, seizure medications, topical medication, and ear and eye drops
- Maintain student health records and database, document care and treatments provided
- Maintain immunization records and assure school compliance with the State of Colorado health and immunization forms and health policies.
- Collaborate with school personnel and others to schedule training to faculty/staff in the following key areas: CPR/AED, Standard Precautions, Epi-Pen & inhaler administration, medication administration, blood-borne pathogens, and other medical-related trainings as necessary
- Document student visits, physician notes and any other information using Magnus Health, the school's computerized database
- High School diploma or equivalent, college degree preferred
- Medication Administration, CPR, First Aid and Standard Precautions training must be completed within one month of hire
- Ability to make sound decisions in crisis situations
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job
- Ability to communicate effectively with faculty, staff, parents, and members of the community
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google programs
Applicants may visit the St. Anne’s Episcopal School website, www.st-annes.org, to learn more about the school.
The pay range for this position is $35,000 - $39,000 based on experience. This is an eleven- month position beginning July1 and ending May 31. St. Anne’s provides a wide range of employee benefits including medical, dental, vision, retirement, life insurance, and professional development opportunities.
St. Anne’s Episcopal School does not discriminate or allow unlawful harassment in any of its programs, procedures, or practices on the basis of age, color, disability, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, race, religion or creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, marital status, or other protected classifications defined by applicable law. The policy applies in all aspects of employment with St. Anne’s Episcopal School.
Qualified applicants are asked to send a cover letter and resume, to Judy Persing, Chief Financial Officer, at [email protected]