Technology Teacher and Coordinator
March 7, 2023
Technology Teacher and Coordinator
12 month position
Position to begin August 1 for the 2023-2024 school year. This position reports to the Director of Operations and is charged with teaching small group technology classes to 345 students and serves as a liaison to Alerio Technology Support group in supporting and leading the school’s technology needs.
About Stanley BPS:
Stanley British Primary School, located in Denver’s Lowry neighborhood, is a progressive independent school serving 470 children from transitional kindergarten through 8th grade. For 50 years, Stanley classrooms have been filled with engaged learners guided by inspired teachers. At Stanley, a child's education goes well beyond academics - our teachers and our instruction principles give children the opportunity to reach their full potential academically, creatively, socially, emotionally and physically. We asked parents, teachers, staff and students to reflect on why they chose Stanley BPS. The answers we heard reflect a place and a philosophy unlike any other in the Denver independent school landscape. Teaching and learning at Stanley goes beyond a simple education. Students here have a chance to play, to choose, to interact and to own and embrace their own learning. SBPS is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive school community. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- An inclusive and diverse community
- Lifelong learning
- Positive and constructive communication
- Creativity, flexibility, and resourcefulness
- An understanding of children and childhood
- Commitment to making a positive difference in the world
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Technology Teaching and Coaching
- Teaches technology and STEAM-related classes as assigned; ten Technology/Robotics/ Engineering classes in 345 Division
- Serves as a point of contact for students that are experiencing trouble with their devices.
- Supports students in self-advocating and properly using technology and devices.
- Develops and helps implement the School's educational technology plan and policies.
- Provides technical curriculum assistance across the TK-8th grade levels regarding hardware usage, software applications, computer technology and the general instructional use of technology in the classroom.
- Coordinates online learning platforms.
- Coordinates the development and implementation of a Stanley technology plan that will drive strategic decisions around technology at Stanley.
- Evaluates and provides recommendations for hardware, software, courseware for potential use in instructional or administrative areas. Partners with Alerio to source equipment.
- Works with Alerio to maintain a technology and part inventory, ensuring accurate account of what is deployed, in reserve or needs repair and to ensure all school-owned devices are working properly and in the correct location.
- Coordinates and maintains a technology replacement schedule and forecast to support the budget process and purchasing of equipment.
- Partners with Alerio to deploy, connect and update devices and train and on-board new faculty and staff on technology and programs.
- Evaluates usage, provides recommendations and assists with implementation of software (Blackbaud, SchoolPass, Boonli, etc) including but not limited to; yearly rollovers, ongoing data integrity, setting up schedules, generation of report cards, attendance, visitor management and integration of systems.
- Maintains and operates A/V equipment including occasional after school event needs.
- Supports the security and validity of School information through the enforcement of school IT security procedures.
- Establishes guidelines for sharing equipment campus-wide.
- Responds timely to technology support inquiries and requests assigned through the ticketing system
- Meets and consults with the leadership team on the development, maintenance, and effectiveness of data applications; and develops and maintains effective communication and working relationships with administrative and teaching staff.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in all full-staff professional development, and any trainings
- Involvement in student-life activities including school assemblies, electives, student grade-level meetings
Desired Qualifications and Background Experience:
- Bachelors degree, or higher, two plus years of experience in technology will also be considered.
- Strong customer service, communication and troubleshooting skills; ability to research technical problems and solutions.
- Prior experience with and proficiency with a range of technology including Apple products/devices, ChromeOS and Microsoft Office and Google Apps and working knowledge of networks, networking protocols and a variety of educational technologies.
- An appreciation for and understanding of Stanley British Primary’s philosophy of education, including the 7 goals for learners of self-awareness, collaboration, respect, curiosity, perseverance, academic resourcefulness, and joyful, lifelong learning
- A deep enjoyment of working with kids and getting to know them as individual people, honoring and valuing each individual child.
- A commitment to improving one’s craft and growing professionally, modeling the joyful, lifelong learning we seek to impart on our students; ability and willingness to learn new systems and technology.
- Experience working in a diverse environment.
- Highly organized and attentive to detail, able to keep track of a wide variety of dates, deadlines and logistics
- A willingness to pitch in and help out wherever needed.
- A self-starter who is attentive to the needs of individual faculty
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Meet physical demands to perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions; frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work full-time, including some evenings and weekends; work in person/in the school building.
Compensation and benefits:
Salary and Benefits:
Salary range is $60,000 - $70,000 based on experience and education
The salary range listed is just one component of Stanley’s total compensation for employees. Stanley provides excellent benefits including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, retirement, paid time off in addition to paid fall, holiday and spring breaks, paid parental leave, tuition remission and professional development.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Stanley BPS is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all persons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of Stanley BPS, including admissions, employment and access to services and programs.
To initiate an application, send a cover letter and resume to:
Stanley British Primary School
Executive Assistant to the Head of School
Interviews will start as resumes are received. We will be accepting resumes until our position is filled.