October 15, 2020 - August 1, 2021
October 5, 2020
September 27, 2020 - October 16, 2020
September 27, 2020 - October 16, 2020
September 21, 2020 - October 21, 2020
September 18, 2020 - October 15, 2020
Third Grade Class Assistant
The Denver Waldorf School is looking for a classroom assistant to support the Third Grade. The ideal candidate for this position will have a strong love of working with children, Waldorf experience, and the ability to work well in a collegial setting.
The classroom assistant works closely to support the class teacher in areas of classroom management. Responsibilities of the assistant also include interacting closely with the group of children, nurturing and tending the domestic and artistic life of the classroom, sharing in the care of the greater classroom environment, and supporting and providing an atmosphere of security, warmth, and joy.
The hours for this position are 7:45 – 3:30/4:15.
The Denver Waldorf School is an urban Waldorf school in the heart of Denver near the Rocky Mountains. Founded in 1974, the school enrolls approximately 360 students in pre-K through Grade 12. The school is an accredited member of the Association of Waldorf Schools of North America (AWSNA) and the Association of Colorado Independent Schools (ACIS). The school’s mission is to awaken and inspire students’ critical thinking, emotional intelligence and artistic expression, preparing them to bring relevant contributions to the world. We are committed to recognizing and developing the whole human being in an inclusive and engaging environment
If you are interested please send a cover letter with your resume with contact information for three professional references:
The Denver Waldorf School
2100 S. Pennsylvania Street, Denver, CO 80210
e-mail to [email protected]
September 17, 2020
Montessori School of Denver (MSD), located in beautiful Colorado, is seeking an experienced Lower Elementary Montessori teacher to join us as a long term substitue to cover a maternity leave. Maternity leave will be from November 2, 2020 through March 1, 2021, but once hired, the candidate will have the option to join our on call substitute list leading up to and after the maternity leave coverage. AMS/MACTE Montessori teacher credentials are strongly preferred.
Applicants must have a progressive approach to education, have strong teaching and curriculum development experience as well as at least a bachelor’s degree. Strong communication skills, the desire to work collaboratively as part of a team, and the ability to integrate curriculum across subject areas are a must as well. Successful candidates will join a dynamic, supportive, and forward-thinking teaching community of over 70 individuals.
The primary purpose of the Montessori School of Denver is to educate children and to teach and nurture the skills necessary for success in the 21st-century based on a foundation of Montessori philosophy and principles and best educational practices. MSD also upholds the highest standards of independent school education as articulated in the Standards of the Association of Colorado Independent Schools, Principles of Good Practice of the National Association of Independent Schools, and the American Montessori Society’s Philosophy and Practice and Code of Ethics.
We are a dynamic educational environment empowering students to use diverse knowledge and experiences to reach their full potential and do good in the world.
Currently, the School serves over 330 students, Toddler through Middle School.
MSD offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program.
Please complete an employment application located on the School's website at https://www.montessoridenver.org/contact/job-opportunities
Email or fax completed application and resume to the attention of Lydia Desmarais, Director of Human Resources at [email protected] or 303-757-6145.
*Accredited with non-traditional Montessori age grouping at the Elementary II and Secondary levels.
MSD offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental and vision insurance; 403(b) retirement plan with employer match; and opportunities for professional development.
MSD is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive school community.
Equal Opportunity Employer: MSD is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all persons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
September 14, 2020
September 13, 2020 - November 30, 2020
Business Manager (full time FTE) – for Immediate Hire
Mackintosh Academy, Boulder, an independent K-8th school is seeking a Business Manager for immediate hire for the 20/21 school year. Mackintosh Academy is a co-educational, IB world school, serving gifted students in the Boulder area and beyond. This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, innovative, and entrepreneurial person to continue to help shape our Business Office operations while collaborating on a capital campaign aimed at campus, programmatic, and scholarship expansions. Mackintosh Academy is a vibrant, growing independent school that focuses on hands-on experiential education with a dynamic, talented, and highly motivated faculty, staff and leadership team.
Broad Scope of Position: The Business Manager reports to the Head of School and is a critical member on the School’s Leadership Team. The Business Manager is responsible for supervising and/or leading: Accounting, Finance, Treasury, Human Resources, Facilities, IT and Risk Management. In addition, the Business Manager attends Board meetings and serves on various finance, fundraising, and strategic planning committees.
- Responsible for all areas of accounting functions, including developing and overseeing appropriate financial procedures and controls.
- Responsible for accounts receivable, accounts payable, and monthly payroll.
- Reviews and oversees cash, liquidity, and balance sheet management.
- Collaborates with Head of School to plan, support, and manage regular unrestricted giving campaigns including the annual fund, annual auction, grants, donations, and impact giving.
- Collaborates with Head of School to support and manage capital campaign funds and associated campus expansion financial management.
- Responsible for Sales portal and Treasury management.
- Responsible for the preparation and presentation of regular fiscal statements and analysis of accounts.
- Responsible for development and monitoring of annual financial budget as well as long range financial plans.
- Responsible for preparing all supporting materials for annual audit.
- Responsible for preparing all supporting materials for annual Form 990 filing with IRS.
- Works with Head of School to create wage models and helps prepare faculty & staff wage agreements.
- Evaluate, create, update and communicate employee benefit programs.
- Administer 401K program through third party firm.
- Responsible for all governmental filings and compliance related to not for profit 501(c)(3) status.
- Collaborate with City of Boulder Open Space on maintenance and use of conservation easement.
- Formulate and revise employment policies.
- Evaluate, purchase and oversee property, liability, D & O and workers’ compensation insurance programs.
- Review and supervise all vendor contracts (e.g. telephones, Blackbaud, copiers, etc.)
- Supports reenrollment and student contract management and serves on the Tuition Assistance Committee.
- Supervises Facilities Manager and develops and oversees a PPRRSM budget and planning.
- Direct supervisor of technology systems and infrastructure.
- Collaborates in the selection of business, technology and IT strategy.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Head of School.
Board and Other:
- Supports capital campaigns, fundraising and investment practices and policies.
- Prepare all supporting materials for regular Finance and Fundraising committees.
- Prepare a regular forecasts, property and business statements for administration and finance committee of the board. To include monthly operating statement for the head of school and Board of Directors.
Exhibit the following core values and leadership skills:
- Independent, enthusiastic, high self-esteem and a sense of humor.
- Honest, reliable, and strong integrity - takes pride in quality work.
- Strategic, pragmatic and creative thinker
- Empathetic and compassionate
- Open and collaborative management style
- Models perseverance
- Exceptional time management skills
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in business, accounting or finance and administration with a strong grasp of accounting. CPA, a plus.
- MBA or related advanced degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in a CFO, Controller, or Assistant CFO/Controller/ Business Manager role (Director of Finance and Operations).
- Strong background in finance, budgeting, investing, and cash management.
- Experience with non-profits or independent schools, a plus.
- Experience and skill with advanced technology including: modern data management systems, Office suite, accounting (QuickBooks), and fundraising software, etc.
Application: Please send/email cover letter, resumé and salary requirements to: