Administrative Substitute Opportunities at Stanley British Primary School
Overview: Stanley British Primary School, located in Denver’s Lowry neighborhood, is a singular independent school serving children from transitional kindergarten through 8th grade. For 50 years, Stanley classrooms have been filled with engaged learners guided by inspired teachers. At Stanley, a child's education goes well beyond academics - our teachers and our instruction principles give children the opportunity to reach their full potential academically, creatively, socially, emotionally and physically. We asked parents, teachers, staff and students to reflect on why they chose Stanley BPS. The answers we heard reflect a place and a philosophy unlike any other in the Denver independent school landscape. Teaching and learning at Stanley goes beyond a simple education. Students here have a chance to play, to choose, to interact and to own and embrace their own learning.
- An inclusive and diverse community
- Lifelong learning
- Positive and constructive communication
- Creativity, flexibility, and resourcefulness
- An understanding of children and childhood
- Commitment to making a positive difference in the world
An Administrative Substitute for the Front Desk and Administrative Coordinator position serves as an integral part of the Stanley team: coordinating, welcoming and managing all the coming and goings of the main entrance of the campus and creating an organized, safe and joyful welcome to our amazing school.
- Be on-call for coverage; assignments range from filling in at the front desk to providing support to our Health Coordinator and can range from a few hours to one or two days to a longer term assignment, depending on the needs of the school;
- Create a safe, supportive, mutually respectful community which values the distinct contributions and abilities of each child;
- Serve as an ambassador for our school by welcoming all school constituents warmly and positively;
- Answer all incoming phone calls in a pleasant manner and direct calls appropriately;
- Monitor and maintain a secure entry to the school by ensuring adherence to door and visitor management policies and procedures, all visitors (parents, substitutes, vendors, students, etc) are signed in and signed out appropriately;
- Serve as a valued resource to visitors, faculty and staff in a high-energy, high traffic, dynamic school environment;
- Coordinate student attendance; distributing before/after care sign-ups, check in/out students, follow up with teachers and parents to ensure attendance records are accurate throughout the day and locating students for early dismissal or pickup;
- Maintain the Hambidge Commons: distribute mail to staff mailboxes, periodically straighten up staff lounge and lobby areas, tidy the lost and found and maintain the coffee bar.
- Fluency with Mac and PC computer environments, and strong competency with standard software packages such as Word and Excel.
- Excellent organizational skills, strong multi-tasking abilities, and ability to juggle many competing priorities and direction from multiple staff.
- Professional demeanor, grace under pressure, and exceptional commitment to confidentiality and discretion.
- Strong written and verbal communication abilities with a positive presence.
- Experience with school-based software, data management and graphic design tools such as SchoolPass/Raptor, Magnus, Blackboard, Blackbaud and Canva is preferred.
- Cultural competency working with diverse families, students and staff.
- An empathetic and resourceful problem-solver with a genuine commitment to children, colleagues and Stanley’s school culture.
- SBPS is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive school community. Candidates from a variety of backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Bachelors’ Degree, with a minimum of three years’ experience in a fast-paced administrative environment; strong preference for independent school experience.
- Customer service experience involving multiple pathways for serving constituents – phone, in-person, written.
- Database management and Microsoft Office software suite experience, including high proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and familiarity with Google platforms, including Google Docs.
$75/half-day and $150/full day. A long-term sub assignment is defined as requiring 60+ days and then the pay rates increase to $170/day.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Stanley BPS is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all persons, regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of Stanley BPS, including admissions, employment, and access to services and programs.
To initiate an application, send a cover letter and resume to:
Stanley British Primary School
Executive Assistant to the Head of School
- (99.7 KBs)