February 19, 2020 - June 30, 2020
Montessori School of Denver (MSD) is seeking an Event Manager for the 2020-2021 School Year, who is passionate about top-notch hospitality and detailed event execution. Candidates should have proven success in providing excellent customer and enjoy working with people.
The Event Manager should be a master at multi-tasking and successfully executing event logistics while interacting with event vendors and guests. The ideal candidate will have worked in the hospitality/catering industry and are therefore able to creatively execute logistical needs for MSD’s Events including event space design and creative menus.
The Event Manager position is a 30 hours per week position requiring flexibility to get the job done, while anticipating the need to work additional hours on larger events. We have events early in the mornings and sometimes in the evenings. The Event Manager is responsible for ensuring the event space is set up and taken down efficiently and effectively.
- Work directly with staff members hosting events to ensure the vision is seen through.
- Implementing and managing event timelines and schedules.
- Work directly with Facilities arranging the event locations, room setup and breakdown including all needs for seating, A/V, food/beverage, etc.
- Coordinate vendors for events, including rental companies, caterers, and special guests.
- Gain full-knowledge of event space layout, capabilities, as well as functional details, inventory, and storage locations of all event assets.
- Managing and overseeing events on the day of, including problem-solving, welcoming guests, directing event set up, communication with staff, volunteers, and vendors, and managing take down and clean up.
- Provide post event feedback and improvement areas to our Administration and Educational Leadership Team.
- Deliver the Montessori experience with attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to follow detailed directions provided by event host.
- Ability to work independently, think ahead, strategize, and anticipate needs for an event.
- Enjoy problem solving in fast-paced environments.
- Creative thinking, extremely organized, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work within an event budget.
- Enjoy customer service, children, and working with volunteers.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to lift and move up to 40 lbs. of heavy equipment.
- Proven success achieving goals and achieving results.
MSD offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental and vision insurance; 403(b) retirement plan with employer match; and opportunities for professional development.
MSD is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive school community.
Equal Opportunity Employer: MSD is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all persons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please complete an employment application located on our website. Email or fax completed application and resume to the attention of Lydia Desmarais, Director of Human Resources at [email protected] or 303-757-6145.