August 19, 2020
Reports to: Director of Information Technology
Duration: Year-round, excluding school holidays
Location: Denver Academy, 4400 East Iliff Avenue, Denver, CO 80222
Hours: Full-time position
Salary/Benefits: Denver Academy offers competitive salaries, excellent health and retirement savings benefits. This position receives vacation time based on experience as well as 4 weeks off each year for school holidays including fall, winter and spring breaks, as well as a four-day work week during summer months.
Under the direction of the Director of IT and the Director of Education, the successful candidate will promote the use of technologies to support student achievement in the 1st through 12th grade classrooms. In addition, they will support school technology initiatives for teachers and administrative staff. The technology specialist collaborates with the program team and technical staff to support, manage and optimize the use of instructional software and network resources to support quality teaching and learning.
This position provides user support for students, faculty, and staff. They assist with the configuration, management, and support for 200+ Apple devices and 100+ Chromebooks including but not limited to laptops, desktops, mobile devices, and servers. Answers inquiries via telephone, email and walk-in traffic. Performs light maintenance and installation of networked and personal printers and other technology related tasks as assigned.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Configuration, management, and support for 300+ Apple devices including but not limited to laptops, desktops, mobile devices, Apple TVs, and servers.
- Advanced knowledge of Apple macOS, Apple iOS, Google Chrome OS, macOS Server, and Active Directory.
- G Suite for K12 Institutions: account creation and group management; support employees and students in using the products; contact support in the event of service outage or bug; retrieve backups through Backupify service.
- Chromebook administration using Google Admin console.
- Administer online IT ticketing system using SolarWinds Web Help Desk software: update and maintain software on server, monitor incoming requests and assign to a technician, follow up with clients.
- Knowledge of a mobile device management solution for imaging computers and applying configurations; build software packages, test, and push to client machines.
- Use Active Directory to create/manage users and security groups.
- Basic knowledge of computer networking and the ability to troubleshoot network issues, both LAN/WAN.
- Provide in-person and remote support for faculty and staff. Remote support could be over the phone or using Apple Remote Desktop or other screen sharing applications.
- Provide basic tech support for students: troubleshoot network connectivity and account setup on Apple devices or Chromebooks (personally owned but required for school), reset account passwords, provide occasional support for non-school required devices (i.e. Windows PC or Android phone).
- Provide support for the following: Copiers, printers, scanners (update firmware, place service calls, replace consumables); interactive whiteboards; a/v equipment such as LCD displays, projectors, microphones; wireless access points, switches, security appliances
- Working familiarity with common applications in order to troubleshoot and help instruct students/faculty/staff (applications include G Suite apps, Microsoft Office apps, Apple productivity suite, antivirus & anti-spyware apps, internet browsers, etc.)
- Good understanding and working knowledge of Windows Server and Windows 10 platforms, as well as other common applications, hardware, and tasks including:
- OS installations and upgrades, driver installation, troubleshooting, etc.
- Ethernet networking, TCP/IP, DHCP, Permissions, File & Print Sharing, etc.
- Must be willing to submit pertinent information for a background check prior to employment.
- May require some heavy lifting of hardware
- 3-5 years related work experience and/or four-year degree in information technology or related field.
- Must have exceptional interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact well with students, faculty and staff. Customer service experience is a plus.
- Educate students, parents, and employees on instructional technologies.
- Communicate with vendors regarding support and warranty issues.
- Software & hardware purchasing.
- Clean and maintain computer labs.
How to apply:If you are interested in applying, please submit a cover letter, resume, and your completed Denver Academy job application to: [email protected]. Principals only. Recruiters please do not contact this job poster. Please, no phone calls regarding this position. Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.